When you own and run a business, you want to know that it is as safe as possible no matter if it’s the middle of the day or the middle of the night. One of the best ways to make sure your building has the security it needs at night is with the right outdoor lighting. There are several ways that you can have lighting installed to help keep your building as safe as possible. Misso Electric is here to talk about what a difference the right outdoor lighting can make for your building’s security.
How Does Light Help in Providing Exterior Security?
There is no one size fits all outdoor lighting for any business. That’s why there are so many different lighting options to choose from. Here are some of your choices.
– Flood Lights: If you have some dark areas around your building, you can have flood lights installed to give the illumination that you need.
– Spotlights: This can be helpful to illuminate your signage, address, and other landscape or art features. If there is ever an emergency on your property, having signage and addresses illuminated can be helpful.
– Wall Fixtures: You will want some wall light fixtures found at all the entrances into your building for proper illumination.
– Ceiling Fixtures: If you have a parking garage, you will need to think about lighting in there to give the people visiting confidence that they are safe during night hours.
– Landscape Lights: Adding lights to any walkways and steps can help to keep people safe as they navigate the property after the sun goes down.
– Motion-Activated Lights: To help save energy, you can have motion-activated lights installed on your property. That way, you will get the illumination you need when you need it but won’t pay for electricity when no one is around.
Determine Light Placement
Another thing to think about is the placement of your lights. There are certain areas that you will want lights more than others. Some of the different areas that could use some extra lighting may include:
– Parking Lots
– Parking Garages
– Building Doorways, Entrances & Exits
– Building Signage
– Areas that are naturally less lit during early evening and night hours
– Landscaping & interesting architecture
Good Lighting is Important in the Prevention of Accidents
It should be a priority to keep both the employees and customers safe when they visit your property at night. With the right lighting, walkways and other dangers are going to be far less likely to have an accident happen.
Commercial Electrical Consultations, Installations, Repairs, Maintenance & More in Buffalo, Cheektowaga, Tonawanda, West Seneca, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda, Lockport & Greater Strykersville, NY
If you need to ramp up the outdoor lighting around your building, you can call on Misso Electric to help you get the outdoor lighting that you need to keep your building as safe as possible when the sun goes down. Call us today!