The popularity of electric vehicles (EV) seems to be continually growing. The benefits that come from choosing this environmentally friendly, and extremely economical vehicle seem to be endless. At Misso Electric, we know how important it is to have charging capabilities in your residence when you purchase an electric vehicle. We provide our customers with state of the art charging stations to make charging a much quicker process and ensure it is installed properly with quality craftsmanship.
Electric Vehicle Charger Design
At Misso Electric, we know that everyone has different charging needs. Here is what you can expect from the process when you choose us to handle your electric vehicle charger installation.
– A thorough inspection of your home electrical system and vehicle so that we can customize your charger to fit your needs.
– Together with the homeowner, we will choose the best charging station model for your home.
– With safety in mind, we will properly install your charging station so you can enjoy the ease of level 2 charging at home.
Types of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
There are three basic types of charging for electric vehicles. Here is a little definition of each so you have a better understanding of the charging needs and requirements of electric vehicles.
– Level 1 Charging: Every electrical vehicle comes with a cord that will get you level 1 charging. Level 1 charging is a 120V charger. You can plug this into any of your normal outlets found in the garage. This is a slow charge and will likely take 1-2 full days to charge your batter completely.
– Level 2 Charging: The 220V level 2 charger is absolutely necessary when you need to charge your electric vehicle overnight for use the next day. It will charge your car is less than half the time you level 1 charger will. You don’t have to worry about a level 2 damaging your battery as this charger is completely safe, just much faster. This is a much more reliable, safe and efficient charger for your EV.
– DC Fast Charging: These chargers are used commercially to offer electric vehicles a quick charge. The above chargers use alternating current while this charger uses direct current. The strength of these chargers are the reason that they are only used in public charging stations.
Electrical Wiring Services in Buffalo, Cheektowaga, Tonawanda, West Seneca, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda, Lockport & Greater Strykersville, NY
If you are considering the many benefits that come from driving an electric vehicle, and have decided to purchase one, you don’t want to go without a level 2 charger. It will make your electric vehicle much more practical as an everyday vehicle. The professional electricians at Misso Electric can install your level 2 charger so you have a reliable and safe charger for your EV. If you have any questions about the charger installation process, don’t hesitate to call us today!